Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Help, my brain is melting

Just had to relate this actual event from this morning... BTW I do tech support.

Me: (answers phone) Hi, this is the German. (I actually used my real name)
Caller: My computer is not responding.
Me: Reboot.
Caller: Keyboard is locked, can't do ctrl-alt-del.
Me: Press power button in for 3 to 5 seconds until the screen goes blank, then ress button again to restart.
Caller: Where is the power button?
Me: On the front of the computer.
Caller: Is it by a green light.
Me: (Damn lady, I don't know what your PC looks like) Probably.
Caller: OK. ---end call---

---new call---
Me: (answers phone) Hi, this is the German.
Caller: Did I just talk to you.
Me: Yes.
Caller: I did what you said and the computer is doing the same thing.
Me: You have to press the power button on the computer and not the monitor.
Caller: You mean the button on the computer way over there.
Me: Yes.
Caller: OK. ---end call---

---new call---
Me: (answers phone) Hi, this is the German.
Caller: It didn't turn off.
Me: You have to hold the button in for 3 to 5 seconds til the screen goes blank.
Caller: OK. ---end call---

Me: Please kill me now!
IT department: Laughter...
Me: I went to school for this...?

3 comments:

Opus said...

I feel your pain, brother! Tech Support people get the full treatment from the clueless to the rude to the outright nasty.

I think we need to compile a cd of the all time classic tech support calls. Think of the sales we'd get from the IT employees alone!

the 'Real' JP Blogger said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
cityparkpony said...

Jesus told us to do our jobs the best that we can, no matter what our place in life may be.

GOD BLESS YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!