Tuesday, July 10, 2007

You see, what had happened was...

Seems that Senator Vitter was visiting the Washington DC madam. Bad timing from him on this. I was of the opinion that he was going to be Giuliani's running mate (maybe I'm crazy, but just had a feeling). No candidate will win the Oval Office without carrying most of the southern states. Giuliani, being a yankee, would benefit from having a VP from the south. One who had been out in front on immigration and can use the Katrina card. Who knows, maybe he fits right in with multiple marriage Rudy.

"But its just his personal life..."

This was used to defend Former President (FP) Clinton and will probably be used to defend Senator Vitter (most likely by the same people who attacked FP Clinton). For the benefit of those who don't know me, I think prostitution, like drugs, should be legal. So, I really can't beat up Sen. Vitter too much for breaking the law. But he took an oath of office to uphold the constitution and an oath of fidelity to his wife, and broke both. That's not good. This will certainly be on my mind when he comes up for reelection in 2010, or maybe I will have forgotten. Although, I am certain that any opponents will remind me in their ads...

Short term outlook

I think Sen. Vitter was wise to apologize as soon as the list became public. Whether he is sincere or not, who knows. I hope he is.

As an aside, the Official Wife of the German is of the opinion (which I share) that visiting a hooker is not as bad as having an affair with a friend/ coworker etc. This is because there is no relationship with the hooker. She then told me "not to get any ideas". To which I responded "Don't worry, I don't have any money". She was not amused...

All Sen. Vitter can do now is to hope the media finds a bigger fish on the phone list to knock his name out of the news.

No comments: